Career Academy is dedicated to providing its virtual students the same state aligned, data driven curriculum offered in the traditional classroom. Our highly-qualified staff have created and will be implementing interactive and engaging virtual learning experiences for all students.
Students will be provided
5-Mandated class session (M-Th) and 9 sessions on Friday with virtual interactive activities for each session, regular teacher check-in throughout the scheduled class sessions, and virtual teacher presence..
Career utilizes a block schedule; students are assigned 8 courses and an advisory. Monday/Wednesday schedule: Hours 1-4 for 90 minute classes Tuesday/Thursday schedule: Hours 5-8 for 90 minute classes
Friday: Hours 1-8 for 45 minute classes
*See schedule for more detailed information
Lunch with the Principal: Wednesday and Thursday 11:30-12:30 eat lunch with Mr. Lugbill and Mr. Garstka
Meeting ID: 897 6795 4095
Special education services will continue to be provided to students in the virtual setting. Services will be determined through a case conference committee in order to best meet the student’s needs during this time.
Direct Instruction/Class Activities
Students will need to participate in each class listed on their schedule. Teachers will provide at the beginning
of every session live-instructions where students are expected to check in and obtain directions on the lesson requirements for the class session. After the introduction teachers will provide 60 minutes of instructional learning activities with regular check-ins.
It is mandatory that students fulfill the attendance requirements daily. Virtual attendance will be taken based on student participation (answering daily questions) in their advisory class which runs daily from 8-8:30am. Virtual students will continue to be held to the same attendance expectations as traditional students per the student handbook.
Virtual / Online Career Academy Student Expectations
- Be Respectful. Be Responsible. Be Safe.
- Students will follow their assigned schedule from 8:00 to 3:30 Monday through Friday.
- Students will login to the Learning Management System, Canvas, to begin each period.
- Students will meet with Advisory teachers daily.
- Daily WIN period will not be required for students unless directed by a teacher or para.
- Attendance will be taken in PowerSchool at the beginning of the day in Advisory. This is a required, mandatory class.
- Teachers will provide a Zoom link to begin each class; which will be an expectation for students to join at the beginning of each period.
- Teachers will provide the learning goals, agenda, assignments and the Do Now at the beginning of each period.
- Teachers will utilize a variety of online instructional strategies including Zoom direct instruction, small differentiated groups, conferencing, etc.
- All behavioral guidelines in the student handbook apply for online learning.
- Students should communicate with teachers regarding their learning. Ask questions.